To coordinate the approval, monitoring and development of club skippers and to develop and promote the club’s training programme, working with the club’s RYA Training Principal and club instructors.
Rear Commodore – Sailing and PYC’s RYA Training Principal for all RYA courses.
- To maintain, develop and promote the PYC Skipper Manual.
- To manage the process of club skipper approval and upgrade.
- To maintain a record of sailing qualifications for all club skippers.
- To maintain an up to date record of club skipper First Aid qualifications and monitor their currency, sending out reminders prior to expiry and agreeing remedial actions where appropriate. Advising the Sailing Committee of any suspension to skipper status as a result of this.
- To work with the Rear Commodore – Admin to review Incident Reports as required and to put in place remedial actions where appropriate.
- To develop the annual Training programme, in liaison with club instructors and the RYA Training Principal.
- To assist the RYA Training Principal with annual inspections.