We are sailing
The government has announced a further change to the Covid-19 regulations effective 22nd February 2021 (introduction of 4 Stages for relaxation). In line with latest government advice, the club announce the following temporary rules, which are subject to changes in advice or law.
In Stage 3 (from 17th May):
- Social distancing rules should be adhered to as per government rules.
- Skippers and crews expressly agree to diligently perform the anti-Covid-19 cleaning regimes detailed on board.
- PYC will continue to provide cleaning materials and crews are absolutely required to use them.
- Members are encouraged to take up vaccinations for the protection of themselves and other crew members. While being vaccinated is not a requirement to sail, members who are not yet vaccinated are asked to discuss this with skippers of trips before booking to ensure that the safety of other crew is not compromised.
- The latest Government advice is also to use the free Lateral Flow tests on a regular basis and we encourage all crews to start taking these up to 24 hours before sail, please see:-
- All crew should declare free of symptoms and known contacts before sailing. No cancellation charges will be levied if members need to cancel for COVID symptom, test, or exposure reasons.
- Crews should take clean sheets to cover cushions in the sleeping areas to reduce the potential to shed (or pick up) virus there. Crews must take their own pillows and pillowcases.
- Overnight trips with up to 6 people are now allowed with the club recommending that households/bubbles occupy separate cabins where possible. Skippers may restrict numbers to make this possible.
- Crews are encouraged to provide the maximum ventilation consistent with the weather conditions when stopped and using the cabin.
In Stage 4 (from 19th July at the earliest):
- As above but plan for normal occupancy levels subject to those with specific concerns not being obliged to share a cabin with other households. This will be kept under review.
General arrangements and precautions
- Members booking must all accept that the precautions taken are in good faith and cannot guarantee safety.
- Skippers may still, if they wish, make a “whole boat” booking and as a concession this will be paying for 5 berths on Quartette and 6 berths on Relax.
- To reduce the chance of a yacht being inconveniently stranded trips will be limited to the UK at the present time.
We hope that this allows as many of you as possible to get out and enjoy some sailing.
Richard Ash, PYC Rear Commodore (Sailing)