Comp Crew/Day Skipper (TR)
Date(s) - 19/10/2020 - 23/10/2020
Places Still Available : 4
Type of Sail :
A course for aspiring skippers with some yachting experience and basic navigation and sailing skills. Learn to skipper a short passage with the instructor on hand to give advice and encouragement and ensure your safety. Experience being in charge, taking credit when it all goes well and being responsible when it doesn’t.
This course is for beginners and those who would like to become active crew members rather than just passengers. Experience living on board and really get to know the boat. Virtually all the course is hands on. You are the crew – without you the sails won’t go up and the boat won’t be steered.By the end of the course you should be able to steer, handle sails, keep a lookout, row a dinghy and assist in all the day to day duties on board. You should also have visited some interesting places and had an enjoyable holiday.
Applying For A Place On Training Course:
- The Training Officer and Trainer for the Course assess requests for Training.
- You can request a place by completing the booking form below.
- The Training Officer informs Bookings Officer who then requests a deposit of £20/person/day to be paid to the Club Treasurer within 3 days.
- All bookings will be Provisional until the Treasurer confirms receipt of the funds.
- If you are not selected you can either cancel your booking or remain on the Provisional list to be considered if a substitute is required.