To promote the safe operation of sailing activities by developing and maintaining appropriate safety frameworks within the club.
Rear Commodore – Sailing
- To develop, maintain and promote PYC safety guidelines and procedures.
- To keep up to date with RNLI, RYA and RORC/ISAF safety matters and advise Sailing Committee as appropriate.
- To work with the bosuns to ensure that safety equipment on PYC boats conforms with the requirements of the Club, is operational and ‘in-date’, and to maintain the safety equipment record.
- To work with the club RYA Training Principal and the Racing Officer to ensure the correct safety equipment is on board to meet RYA and RORC/ISAF criteria and is operational and ‘in-date’.
- To be a named contact on the club’s CG66 entries for our boats and be aware of the requirements should an incident take place.
- As such a designated contact, to receive from the skipper and log the ‘Notification of Crew and Contact Details’ (‘Next of Kin’ form) for each passage undertaken by a PYC boat.
- To work with the Rear Commodores as required when reviewing Incident Reports and to put in place remedial actions where appropriate.